Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Quitting Sulawesi Shrimps?

Should I quit on Sulawesi shrimps? That's the question that has been going on in my mind for a while ... but I managed to convince myself to not do it. In fact, an opportunity came up to acquire some new species (non-Cardinal shrimps) when a friend of mine (J-wing) wanted to get some from a seller in Johor. So I jumped on the band wagon and ordered 10 pieces of the Caridina sp. 'Matano Red Orchid' a.k.a. Brown Camo shrimp.

Sure enough, the shrimps arrived yesterday evening but there was only 9 pieces in the bag. :( I guess the seller may have miscounted when putting them in or one died and got eaten by the rest during the transit. I hope the seller will honor the 100% DOA guarantee (or in my case, a missing shrimp).

Anyway, I spent quite some time last night trying to acclimatize them in hopes that they will survive in my tank. I kind of guessed that one will not make it until morning (since it was already jumping in frenzy and turning pale) and I was right. So I'm now down to 8 pieces of this magnificent shrimp ... and hopefully they stay that way or multiply ... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment