Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Another Shrimp Mishap

Luck must be bad these days. Got a few bunches of water sprites yesterday and planted them in both cube tanks. Unfortunately, I think there must be some residue of some pesticide or fertilizer on the water sprites present without my knowledge.

I planted the water sprites at about 5.30pm and when I checked the tanks at about 8.45pm, quite a number of the RCS looked to be motionless with a bunch more struggling for life ... immediately whipped out a series of water changes in both tanks until they finally stabilize.

I woke up this morning to find that all but one of the CRS are dead with quite a few casualties on the RCS as well in both tanks. Thankfully, some still survived the ordeal and hopefully they will multiply in the future ... only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment