Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Endler Tank

Bryan and I went over to a few LFS over the weekend and got hold of a new smaller tank ... you guessed it, just for the surviving tiger endlers (I just realized that one of the male endlers which I thought was a tiger endler is actually a snake endler). We also finally got some soil and nice vegetation for the new tank in hopes to setup a really nice landscaped fish tank (at least that was what I was hoping for but I think Bryan just enjoys playing with the soil, water, fish, etc).

We actually spent the evening last night to setup the new tank ... yes, he helped ... in more ways that I would have wanted but at least we did have fun. It looked mediocre but at least it looks to be better than the current tank that we have. I actually did not know that aqua-scaping can be so much work but I hope it is worth the effort put in.

Still have to change the water a couple of times for a few more days so the murky waters clear up but once it does, we will be "introducing" the remaining 1 male and 2 female tiger endlers to their new home ... and will likely keep the 2 single males (snake and red spot) in the current tank with the rest in the old tank with the 3 new little goldfish we just bought (Bryan wanted more goldfishes).

No comments:

Post a Comment