Sunday, May 31, 2009

Mollies Second Drop

The other female molly dropped her first litter of frys in the new tank making it the second drop of frys yesterday. I am not sure when it happened as she was still noticeably gravid when we left the house in the morning. But when we got back later in the evening, I noticed that the female got much thinner. I originally thought she had just stopped eating but Cheryl noticed that there was a fry resting down on the ground and thought that our original batch of fry is dying.

Much to our excitement, the fry looked to be too thin and small to be the original batch last week and so we concluded that it must be a new drop. We gradually noticed a few more "similar" frys but not nearly as many as the original ... or so we thought yesterday. To my surprise this morning, I counted at least over 22 frys this morning (they we all asleep when I woke up and so I managed to see more ... but they all went into hiding right after I switched on the light). I was expecting more since this female is slightly bigger than the previous that had dropped frys. Will try to count again later today ...

No comments:

Post a Comment