Sunday, May 24, 2009

Frys Galore

Yep, you've guessed it ... we just got a new batch of frys this morning. Unfortunately, it was not from the female endler. She mysteriously died 2 days ago (not sure why since she was already recovering from the internal bleeding) so we're now left with the last female tiger endler. The female endler is still quite young and I don't anticipate that she will be dropping any litter of frys anytime soon so I guess we'll have to wait. Another funny thing that happened was the male snake endler that we originally have suddenly disappeared last Thursday. I am not sure but I think he died and was probably eaten up by the other fishes in the tank ... poor guy ...

So who dropped the frys? Well, it was one of the female orange mollies. I woke up this morning to see some small things moving really fast in the new tank and was delighted to see that it was a molly fry. I think she dropped about 10 frys (it is hard to count since they tend to hide in the plants for cover). I wonder what we should feed them. We actually got the liquid fry (artemia) in preparation for the endler frys which is much smaller but the molly frys looks kind of big (looks to be over 5mm in length). Perhaps we should get them some bigger fry foods ... this batch must make it to adulthood or else Cheryl will surely be disappointed ...

Also, the babies are now living with the endlers (which I've transferred during the weekend into the new tank) and also the other female molly that looks about to drop a litter as well. I think it is safe to leave the female molly in there as the frys have plenty of places to hide and I do feed the molly well (she always have more than enough blood worms to keep her full and hence I don't think she'll be going after the frys anytime soon ... at least that is what I am hoping for).

No comments:

Post a Comment